The main factors for the success of student in exam are as follows:
1. Effective and directed study. Study is not just reading, it is reading for learning. A student should know how to study effectively, how to study more in little time. Study should be directed. Directed study means that you study according to the nature of exam and according to the way it should be learnt.
2. How to make preparation for exam. A student should know how to make preparation for exam. Preparation for exam is not a task of day or two, it needs daily study and you should know all the tactics for preparation for exam.
3. Making good notes. Making useful notes plays a vital role for success in exam. It helps you to learn easily and with perfection. Notes are used for revision in futures for exam.
4. Test taking strategies. Test taking strategies show you how to present your answer on answer sheet in befitting way so that the checker give you more marks for your answers. Test taking strategies tells you all the tactics for exam like time management for each question and how to tackle different question.
5. Time management. Time management enables you to utilize your time more productively. Time management includes time tables and syllabus.
If a student fails or gets less marks in exam, he is weak in one or more of the above factors. If you want to be a successful student be careful about all these factors.
All these factors are equally necessary for getting high marks in exam.