Musician Thabsie, famous for her soulful vocals on Kwesta’s hit Ngiyaz’fela Ngawe, is on a mission to re-write the new school R&B manifesto but the petite musician reckons people don’t know the real her.
Thabsie, whose full name is Bathabise Biyela, features on one of SA’s biggest songs at the moment, Kwesta’s Ngiyaz’fela Ngawe.
The petite musician, who is busy working on her album Songs About You, which is set to be released in September is planning on changing the R&B landscape in SA.
She admitted to TshisaLIVE that she has big ambitions for her music career but first needs to be properly be introduced to SA. Thabsie has just released a song called Cry featuring Kid X.
“I would define my sound as the new age R&B. This type of sound chose me and comes naturally to me,” she said.
Here’s what you need to know about Thabsie:
– Thabsie is married to the love of her life
– Her parents have five girls and she is child number four
– Her pet peeve is people that love to show off
– She is a gym fanatic and splurges on gym clothes
– Thabsie studied Economics at UJ